Our Mission is to protect our cultural heritage, our history, historic places and people.
We will continue to provide historic preservation education in addition to landmarking of historic homes, people of significance and buildings.
These are monuments that reflect our history, and to help you understand those who lived in different eras and helped mold Boyle Heights into a cultural community.COMMUNITY ORIENTED GOALS:
We aim to champion historic preservation by landmarking historic places, places of significance, growing our cultural presence in our historic districts which many have have been recognized by the City of Los Angeles Office of Historic Resources.COMMUNITY PARTICIPATE
We are engaging and educating our community on our rich history and historians, native to Boyle Heights, we are providing student learning programs, which will provide the history of how Boyle Heights was established, and the great women and men who helped to create the second oldest communities in the City of Los Angeles.
Our community events bring to the forefront those that have been forgotten. So join us as we celebrate our 2nd Annual Nikkei Celebration on Saturday 25 August 2023, our 148th Anniversary of Boyle Heights coming this December, as we celebrate Mrs. Elizabeth Hollenbeck's birthday.
- Preservation strengthens neighborhoods.
- Preserved residential and commercial spaces are an asset to every community.
- Preservation encourages local economic growth.
- Preservation conserves natural resources.
- Preserving historic buildings is crucial to retaining our heritage and history.
- It is environmental and practical, large scale recycling, it reduces the need for new materials and other costs of demolition.
- Historic preservation will increase the value of your property, your home. Volunteer@BoyleHeightsCommunityPartners.com